The "All Things Triumph" Public Forum

Sponsored by the Vintage Triumph Register

ATTENTION MEMBERS: For security reasons, the VTR Forum requires separate registration, your membership log-in will not work.

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
New member with 1976 TR-6
December 30, 2016
9:44 pm
Ed Messina
Forum Posts: 3

I finally broke down and got another TR-6… a 1976 BRG beauty with 90k miles and a body and frame refurbed in the '90's. I have been through the TR-2, TR-3 and TR-3a in the '60's, working on every aspect of them…. I even saved the TR-2 in my basement for parts! I was overseas for a while and when I got back in 1972, I bought a brand new 1972 Saffron TR-6 and drove it in Chicago for 4 yrs, in all weather and sold it in 1976…. never had any trouble, it was a great car, but had to sell it because of med school.

Now I have this BRG '76 and look forward to some serious tinkering and driving when the weather warms up, now that the pesky clutch problem is settled with the addition of a bronze release bearing. Next step is to install a beautiful CG Autowood dash made of burled chestnut, as soon as my wiper/washer switch arrives, and I plan to rebuild the carbs and get a proper vacuum advance installed and adjusted. The Triumph engine is a sound piece of machinery and it's a pleasure to go through the gears.

Looking for like-minded Triumph enthusiasts in the mid-Michigan area to commiserate with. Ed Messina (edmessina@comcast.net)

Forum Timezone: America/Detroit

Most Users Ever Online: 69

Currently Online:
6 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

charley fitch: 448

vila: 65

labelle: 18

donbmw: 12

TR6nITJulius: 12