The "All Things Triumph" Public Forum

Sponsored by the Vintage Triumph Register

ATTENTION MEMBERS: For security reasons, the VTR Forum requires separate registration, your membership log-in will not work.

Please consider registering

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Wildcard usage:
*  matches any number of characters    %  matches exactly one character

Minimum search word length is 4 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

Topic RSS
Information relating to my 1963 TR4
June 8, 2016
1:15 pm
midlifecrisis
Forum Posts: 2

smyllie said

I took possession of my 'project' in September 2014. It was exported to the uk from California where it has been standing for 35 years. I purchased the 1963 conifer green TR4 to restore and enjoy.

The car which bears commission number CT24038L came with its California license plate PID 524. The last registration sticker is dated October 1978.

This is my first project and so far I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Everyone in the classic car community is so helpful, and there are lots of characters out there who all have stories to tell.

The project is progressing well, engine and gearbox are out and have been rebuilt. The body and chassis are currently separated. It needed new floors, boot floor, battery box and sills.

I shall be returning the car back to original specification but with a couple of modern updates which will make it more reliable such as an alternator conversion.

I have no history with the car at all. I have written to the CA dept of motor vehicles and due to the length of time that has elapsed since the last registration they are unable to help with history as the files have not been retained.

So this is a long shot, if anyone has any history, documentation or info regarding my conifer green 1963 triumph Tr4 on California license plate PID 524, last used in the late 1970's it would be great to hear from you.

Did you have any joy on this? I have just bought a 1960 TR3a to UK and see it was sold originally by a dealer in Houston but I have no record of which dealer precisely or what happened to for 30yrs before turning up in Little Rock?

September 14, 2014
3:43 pm
smyllie

I took possession of my 'project' in September 2014. It was exported to the uk from California where it has been standing for 35 years. I purchased the 1963 conifer green TR4 to restore and enjoy.

The car which bears commission number CT24038L came with its California license plate PID 524. The last registration sticker is dated October 1978.

This is my first project and so far I have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Everyone in the classic car community is so helpful, and there are lots of characters out there who all have stories to tell.

The project is progressing well, engine and gearbox are out and have been rebuilt. The body and chassis are currently separated. It needed new floors, boot floor, battery box and sills.

I shall be returning the car back to original specification but with a couple of modern updates which will make it more reliable such as an alternator conversion.

I have no history with the car at all. I have written to the CA dept of motor vehicles and due to the length of time that has elapsed since the last registration they are unable to help with history as the files have not been retained.

So this is a long shot, if anyone has any history, documentation or info regarding my conifer green 1963 triumph Tr4 on California license plate PID 524, last used in the late 1970's it would be great to hear from you.

Forum Timezone: America/Detroit

Most Users Ever Online: 69

Currently Online:
7 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

charley fitch: 446

vila: 65

labelle: 17

donbmw: 12

TR6nITJulius: 12